Summary of the position:
The Job Developer manages and develops new employer partners, provides job readiness training, cultivates relationships with community partners, and successfully places graduates to employment at a livable wage. The ideal candidate has an outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships. This person demonstrates a willingness to be accountable for results and desires continuous learning and growth.
The Job Developer works closely with the Life Coach and Case Manager to provide social service support to students and alumni and will report directly to the Director of Students Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Successfully places participants into jobs and provides ongoing retention services and support to both participants and employers
- Identifies potential employers and carefully tracks and stewards employer partners in Pipedrive, TIP’s customer relationship management software
- Meets monthly goals focused on the following areas: new employers, job placement rate, average starting wages, and TIP graduate retention
- Facilitates Job Readiness curriculum
- Participates in job fairs and presentations for community partners
- Assists with follow-up services by way of phone calls, text messages, and in-person visits
- Works collaboratively across the organization and shares best practices
- Maintains excellent time-management skills
- Provides weekly updates to supervisor
Required education, skills, and abilities:
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, communications, human resources, education, learning and development, or related fields.
- Experience: Preferred: At least five (3) years in sales
- Computer proficiency is required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of the construction industry
- Possesses current and valid driver’s license
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: $46k – $53k
- Excellent benefits package including paid vacation, sick, and holidays as well as health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) plan
All qualified individuals wishing to be considered for this position must submit a resume, a cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.